Wednesday, May 3, 2017

#MidWeekTease o5.o3.17

Welcome to MidWeek Tease!

I am super late with this post. A migraine took me out last night and a shitty morning today. So, now I sit here frantically writing this. But hopefully this will mellow me out a bit. 

Anyway, we continue on with my WIP Blood Wine (?) It's a vampire erotic romance, set in western New York.
It's about a young, wealthy, winery owner and artist, who falls for a woman who works at the art museum. He is immediately drawn to her not only because he thinks she is beautiful, but because she is so bold and sassy. Only his true identity must not ever be known to her. Both struggle to fight their growing attraction to each other, until Anton proposes a strictly physical affair. But how long will it last before they admit to each other that they want something more? And what will happen if she discovers his secret? 

Where we left off last week, Anton Pierce wanted Charlotte, who works the museum's admissions desk, to join him in the museum auditorium for his artist talk, but she regretfully had to decline and keep her post at the admissions desk. 

As I sat already bored out of my mind, I contemplated the thought of being an assistant curator and how I wouldn’t miss a moment of these receptions, I’d be there for all of it. But then I wondered if I was only so excited for the thought of being at Mr. Pierce’s. That already seemed like the likely story. Why was this wine guy with millions to throw around, haunting my mind so? He obviously had some interest, right? Ughhh...I’m just going to continue to tell myself I’m not interested. Just then Sarah came walking up from the cafe. She walked up to the desk and tried to hand me the paper cup she was carrying.
“Is this for Mr. Pierce?” I asked, wondering if he had requested something once he had gone inside the auditorium.
“No, silly.” Sarah replied, “Its for you. Its green tea. Mr. Pierce kindly requested I make you a cup. He’s so charming, I couldn’t say no.”
“Oh, Sarah, you didn’t have to do that. Thank you.” I said taking it from her.
“Its your favorite Jade Cloud. Mr. Pierce felt bad that you had to miss everything inside, so...oh and here’s a little note he wanted me to give you.”
She handed me the same paper I had given Mr. Pierce, only folded in half.
“I have to get a few things ready for when the talk is over.” She said, going back the way she came.
Intrigued, I opened the note. For whatever reason, I looked up and around to make sure no one was watching, like it was some big secret Sarah had passed a note to me, like it was going to say, I want to fuck you, or meet me in my bedroom, or something else not safe for work. As if this whole night so far, had not been safe for work. And that was me who had started it all by showing my snarkiness.
As I stared at the note, my jaw must have dropped to the floor - his handwriting was so perfect and flawless. Cursive writing that looked like it was written in another time with a fountain pen. Even his damn, fucking handwriting was beautiful. I finally focused on the words, “I can’t help with the bubblebath, at least not now, so hopefully the tea with keep you going a little bit longer. Enjoy. Anton.”

I set down the note, not sure how to feel exactly. Parts of me were screaming, yes, yes, yes, at the thought of him helping with a bubblebath; naked bodies beneath hot bubbly water. So many things could happen. And the other part of me was screaming no, this had gone on long enough. I took a long sip of tea. I was just tired and over reacting. I just had to get through this night and get some sleep. I was sure by the time morning came, he would have forgotten all about me and moved on to someone more his stature.

Thanks for reading! I think next week, we might get Anton's POV of things :)

You can read more great MidWeek Tease authors here:


Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

14 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the development in this story. I can feel it drawing me in. Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is really good to know, I'm on the right track :)

      Delete
  2. Well done. Glad I came back to look for your post. I'm the one who's usually late. Like this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't think he's going to forget. Not with that gesture. Great tease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tease! I look forward to reading his POV too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A handwritten note delivered with a cup of tea. Oh so romantic. How can anyone not fall for him? Great tease, Siren. I hope your migraine is gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can this guy please be real? Lol.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Naked bodies, hot bubbly water... what's not to like? I'd be there in a heart beat. Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their naked bodies under hot bubbly water is hot, hot, hot :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete