Tuesday, May 9, 2017

#MidWeek Tease o5.1o.17

Welcome to Midweek Tease!


We continue on with my WIP Blood Wine (?) It's a vampire erotic romance, set in western New York.

It's about a young, wealthy, winery owner and artist, who falls for a woman who works at the art museum. He is immediately drawn to her not only because he thinks she is beautiful, but because she is so bold and sassy. Only his true identity must not ever be known to her. Both struggle to fight their growing attraction to each other, until Anton proposes a strictly physical affair. But how long will it last before they admit to each other that they want something more? And what will happen if she discovers his secret? 

We continue where we left off last week. I'm very excited to be sharing Anton's POV this week...

The artist talk went smoothly, nothing I couldn’t handle. Because of owning the wine business, I was used to giving talks and having business meetings. Plus all my years of existing on earth giving me more experience than anyone could count. I had done almost everything and seen almost everything over the centuries. I am now saying almost because I had never seen anything like Charlotte and I cannot rightfully say I have done everything, when there was a whole new world to explore with her. If she would let me. And if I was careful how I went about this. She couldn’t find out what I was, ever. It would put her in danger, although being around me was danger enough in itself. And humans, as I have found, don’t take too kindly to the presence of vampires, even if they think vampires are the coolest thing in the world, the reaction is quite the opposite when they meet a real blood drinking one.

The only way the talk could have been better is if I could have looked up every time and seen her beautiful deep green eyes watching me. I didn’t need to get too close to her to see that deep green color was real and not an enhancement of contacts; my vampiric vision much greater than a human’s. It allowed me to see the specs of different shades of green that made up her eyes.


I come to the museum frequently during the late fall and winter months, when darkness takes over the sky earlier in the day and I can make it to the exhibit openings and receptions, but since it was the beginning of fall and the sun still doesn’t set early enough, it had been months since I had been to events at the museum. Any business I have had at the museum for the winery or for my exhibition, I made sure was done in the late evening hours, using the excuse that I was very busy down in the Finger Lakes. So, Charlotte must have been a new hire in the last six months because I had never seen her here at the receptions or working the Thursday later museum hours.

I wasn’t expecting her when I walked in and once I saw her I was consumed by her. Her snarky and bold personality, not making it easy to forget her. That and the fact she was simply beautiful with her pale skin and long black straight hair that was was shorter in the front and fell to one side of her face. She was almost my height with the black four inch platform thick high shoes she had on, so without them I would have easily towered over her.

I was simply lost in her, but what I wanted with her was unknown. Her beauty tempted and tortured me so, along with her bold attitude. Thankfully, I was so lost in her, I wasn’t lost into her blood yet. Add that into the mix and I truly will be a tortured soul once more. I had lived long enough to get over my transition from a mortal to a vampire. It wasn’t easy to get over the tortured soul element, my artwork helped, but to have her bring me back to tortured soul, was not an expectation of tonight.

This talk and reception had become extensively boring since Charlotte wasn’t here to light up the room. I wanted to listen to her lose herself into my artwork, again, or any artwork in the museum for that matter, the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about art. I feigned interest as potential patrons asked me about my work. Jonathan letting me know that I had sold a few. I pointed out a painting and a photograph that I was suddenly not willing to part with, they were to be gifts, to Charlotte, once the exhibition was over.

I floated through the rest of the reception, desperately waiting for the guests to all leave or for midnight to arrive for it to be over. Usually hours are nothing for a vampire when centuries pass like years, but tonight it seemed like the minutes were ticking away slowly.

As I went to walk out with the last of the guests, Sarah and a few others were cleaning up the wine and glasses. I stepped over to Sarah and kindly asked her to set aside a bottle of the new red wine that made a premier at the reception tonight, slipping her a tip as the others were busy with their tasks.
As I walked from the gallery where no one was around, I used my speed to get to the exit of the main gallery, anxious to see those deep green eyes, again. As I walked out, she was there saying goodnight to the last of the guests, and thanking them for their patronage.

She turned around and jumped back slightly, seeing as I was standing right there. I grinned as she cursed under her breath.
“How’d it go?” She asked, after catching her breath.
“It went...good.” I replied, relieved to be looking into those eyes again, for whatever reason they calmed me.
“Good. And thanks for the tea, it did help.”
“You’re welcome.” I said, a bit nervously, hoping what I wrote in the note wasn’t too much to scare her away. “You’re so busy taking care of others, I figured someone needed to take care of you.”
“You’re very sweet.” She smiled. She looked away and then bold but quietly said, “I might take you up on that bubble bath some day, too.”


I love how bold she can be!!

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

18 comments:

  1. Love seeing this through his eyes. Great development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that bubble bath could lead to so much trouble. ;) Great insight into his POV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, it so could! Lots of yummy trouble! ;)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Another fabulous tease :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you described his feelings for her. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww it's so sweet that he wants to take care of her... he's a keeper! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not convinced of that yet. She has a hard time with commitment. ;)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Ha! I love the last line. Very nice tease!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see what she's falling for him. I didn't think I'd say this of a vampire but he'd kind of adorable.

    ReplyDelete