Saturday, January 15, 2022

WeWriWa o1.16.22

 

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday! 

Continuing on with my serial killer WIP. Where I last left off, my main character, Dennis, is in The Gentleman's Club for what he calls his hot date...


I smiled as she sat next to me. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and as usual, she changed her outfit, this time she was in all hot pink. 

“It was amazing.” I replied, as I took in her outfit, it started with a faux fur shrug jacket, that she was letting casually slip off one shoulder, revealing her bralette underneath that had criss-crossing strips that seemed to go down past her mini skirt. She had on thigh high fishnets and very pointy stiletto boots. 

She laughed, “We won’t talk about how many times I dropped the chair on my face while practicing.”

“Well, you nailed it tonight. And I think you nailed a few more paying customers.”

She turned back and looked, one of the two older gentlemen was watching her with me, and half watching the dancer onstage. Serena looked at the dancer onstage and rolled her eyes when she turned back to face me.


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here.


Enjoy your Sunday!

~Danii X

10 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see how their relationship develops. I want good things to happen for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I sense some animosity between the dancers. So much great detail in this snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great description in this scene. It's easy to picture it all in my mind. Very nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like she knows the older customer. Wonder what their history is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snippet raises questions that would make the reader turn the page. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “We won’t talk about how many times I dropped the chair on my face while practicing.” - This is so true about what goes on behind the scenes in just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the description of her outfit--very much an onstage look for off-stage. I'm very interested in where this is going. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the eye roll.Says it all.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the snippet. I think you establish the atmosphere and the personalities so well.

    ReplyDelete