Sunday, August 26, 2018

WeWriWa o8.26.18

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

We continue where we left of two weeks ago. Karlea is driving Armani a bit crazy...

Armani rubbed his temples and let out another breath. "At least take off the tattered thing before climbing into bed."
"Fine." She said, before climbing back off the bed. She tugged on the dress, it pooled around her feet easily. She grabbed the sheet she had dropped on the floor earlier and wrapped herself in it. 

"You were the one who tattered the thing in the first place."
"Yes, I am well aware." He said with a slight smile, as he watched her climb back up on the bed and take a place next to him, only with the biggest gap she could manage between them before almost falling off the bed.
Armani rolled his eyes, "You do know that we did way more intimate and devious things last night and this morning, that you don't have to sleep on the edge of the bed?"


Thanks for reading! I'll try to make it around to as many snippets as I can, I'm a bit under the weather this weekend. Being sick in the summer is so much worse than in the winter. :(

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,

~Siren X

10 comments:

  1. She's of two minds about him and it's too late to change, I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this snippet! Well done. I can just imagine what she's thinking right now. Do I accept what's happened and move forward, or do I try to pretend it didn't happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying seeing her stand up for herself. For quite awhile he was doing all the standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job of showing her emotional confusion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t blame her for trying to keep her distance! Wonder if she’ll be able to keep it up? Feel better soon- being sick in the summer is so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love their banter, she is being a bit coy, considering, but I guess she has a right to be a bit wary. Beautifully written scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that she stands up for herself. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Armani. Doesn't he know that sleeping on the edge of the bed is a statement?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get that she's making a point, but sleeping at the very edge of the bed is one of my nightmares haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, is she finally getting over all the mind control, blood control thing he has been doing to her?

    ReplyDelete