Wednesday, August 1, 2018

MidWeek Tease o8.o1.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

Where we left off last week, Charlotte was on her date with the handsome, wealthy...and vampire, Anton Pierce.

We drank two more absinthes while watching the band, before I motioned for her to follow me. I took her hand in mine and led her outside to the courtyard. Ambient electronic filled the courtyard, along with much cigarette smoke. This was the place to go if you smoked apparently. There was nowhere to sit, so I led her over to a dimly lit corner where no one wanted to be. How ironic...a dimly lit corner, a beautiful human girl, and a vampire, nothing could go wrong here...
“Is this spot okay?” I asked.
She nodded, “No one wants to smoke over here, so yes its good.”
I looked into her sparkling, gorgeous eyes. “So where did we leave off last night?
She smiled. “I don’t know, so many good places.” She said with sarcasm in her voice.
“I was more referring to in the parking lot.” I said, “I believe you kissed me here.”
I pointed to my cheek.
“I did.”
“And then I kissed you here.” I kissed her on the forehead as I did last night. “Do you know what I really wanted to do, but I was afraid I would end up with one of your heels through my chest?”
She laughed slightly, probably at the fact that was something she would actually do, and gently shook her head.
“Do you want to find out?” I asked, “Just no heels through my chest, please.”
She looked at me and scrunched up her face, “I’m not wearing heels.”
“Probably a good thing.”
She looked at me and shook her head. As if she already knew what to do to see what reaction would be, she stepped up on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek just as last night. I took her hand in mine, and with my other hand stroked her cheek before placing my lips on hers.
Our kiss ignited a fire deep inside me that made me feel more alive than I had ever been, caught against the restraint of being a vampire. The truth of my existence had never been more clear...I was once alive, human, and then I died at the hands of another, who reanimated me, and made me undead, but not human, a vampire. I had never wished to be human more than I did right now.
I could tell the chemistry between us sparked something within her too, as she pressed her body against mine.
As we pulled away, I kept my arm around her back in case she fell over from being unbalanced, being pressed so close against me.
She caught her breath.
“Do you kiss all the ladies like that?” Her smart mouth asking as soon as she recovered.
I smirked, “I haven’t kissed anyone in a very long time. And when I have, it definitely wasn’t like that. Only you.”
“Good.” She smiled.
I shook my head and laughed, she was obviously testing me to see what my reactions were to her sassiness. “That mouth of yours…”
“What?” She tried to ask innocently, only she had one eyebrow raised that made it more mischievous.
“Does it get you in trouble a lot?” I asked.
She shrugged her shoulders. “Not enough in the way I want it to.”
I caught her off guard and pulled her into me, “Well, it will with me. I won’t tolerate that mouth.”
She looked up at me, the realization hitting her. “You’re a dom.”
I nodded, “And you’re a complete brat.”
She smiled deviously, “I am.”
“I don’t live it twenty-four seven, definitely not in public for obvious reasons of the press, and being in the public eye. So, all I can do right now is take stock of what you do, and hush that sassy mouth of yours.”
Before she could speak another word, I pressed my lips against hers. I could tell she wanted to protest, but she gave up her will to fight and gave into the kiss.
She looked up at me and smiled as I pulled away from her lips, still keeping my arms around her.
“What do you want with me?” She whispered.
“Look, Charlotte, I like you, a lot. Ever since you came up and spoke to me. I mean you grabbed my attention as soon as I walked into the museum. Everything about you, so far, drives me wild, especially your sassiness. And I’m pretty sure there’s a mutual attraction.”
“There is.” She replied, “But why me? You’re like this successful millionaire...and I can just afford my expenses working at the museum. I live simply.  I’m not versed in fancy engagements and press, and all that...crap.”
“None of that matters to me. I didn’t always own a successful wine business. I don’t really like being in the spotlight either, but it’s part of the territory. If you don’t want to be in the spotlight, I’ll do my best to shield you from it.”
She nodded her head. I listened to her heart quickly,not getting lost in it. It was still racing, the idea of a relationship was completely freaking her out for whatever reasons she had. Which was good for me, the thought of being this close to a human on a regular basis was freaking me out, too. How long before I slipped and tried killing her...and if I succeeded?
This was all a bad idea, including this date, even though so far I was holding it together.
“I am the CEO of my own company, among other things,” I added.
I needed a way to cover the fact that I hid from the sun during daylight hours, and usually spent my nights working.  “I work every day of the week. All day and sometimes at night. I’m not always available, it makes it hard to have a normal relationship, so I don’t even try to have anything at all. You would be an exception.”

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.
Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

2 comments:

  1. The character sounds so innocent and yet... love the teaser :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tease! I haven't read a really good vamp story in ages.

    ReplyDelete