Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Midweek Tease o8.15.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

Where we left off last week, Charlotte was on her date with the handsome, wealthy...and vampire, Anton Pierce. She kind of discovered some things about him, not that he was a vampire, but that he was dominant and that there would be consequences with him, if she was too sassy. Where we last left off, Anton was explaining his busy life owning the wine business and how he never dates, that Charlotte would be an exception...


“Why make an exception at all?” She said with doubt in her voice, like she wasn’t good enough for me.
Her question was a difficult one...I couldn’t give her the whole truth, it would terrify her...because if I walk away from you, the monster could come out and attack you because we both want you. If I give us a chance with you, it might just keep you alive.
“Because if i don’t, I think I would be missing out on someone that’s really amazing. I’m not about to let you slip by me.”
I looked at her, she seemed hesitant.
“Why are you so nervous?” I asked.
“Because….I’ve been so many bad relationships. And I’m not good at the whole dating thing.”
“I’m not either. We can be bad at it together.”
She smiled and slightly laughed, “Okay. Rules though, none of that I expect to be with you every moment of the day to the point where we give up everything we enjoy or have to do, we both have lives.”
I laughed, “Definitely deal. I’m too busy to begin with anyway. But the few moments I am free, I would like to spend with you.”
“I think I can handle that.” She replied.
I pulled her into me, once again, softly kissing her. Now that we were officially together, there was less need in our kiss, less urgency, we weren’t trying to show that we wanted each other. It was sweet and genuine.
We decided to go back inside and catch the band, the band being more decent than expected.  

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

3 comments:

  1. Glad I came back to look here again. Great tease. Looking forward to seeing this play out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds good. Nice snippet!

    ReplyDelete