Thursday, March 30, 2017

Vampire Friday 03.31.17

Welcome to Vampire Friday!

Where we last left off Karlea let Jake drink from her to heal his wounds, but after she was healing from the blood loss, her heart became weak. She almost died, but Jake was able to heal her with his vampire blood. She awakens, healed and still human. Jake wasn't happy that she risked her life to heal him. She tried to leave Jake's apartment, but he won't let her go...


Karlea tried to pull away, but Jake wouldn't let go. 
"Vampires are after you, they won't just drain you and kill you, they will torture you first. When they stabbed you the other night that was just the beginning, they wouldn't have let you just die, not without playing first. Its in our nature. They knew I was there, so they let that be a warning to you."
"I don't know what I'm supposed to do. If its between them and you, I would much rather you just kill me, but you don't want me to die and you don't want to make me like you. And I don't want to see what I saw the other night - you almost failing to exist because of me. I don't know what what my options are, other than to walk out there and face this thing and let the problem be solved." She paused, her head swimming, "Please let me go."
 "I can't." Jake responded. 
"Why? You're a vampire, me dying, shouldn't be anything for you."
"It is for me."
"Why?"
"I've been alive almost 600 years, I've never found anyone like you. I'm not about to let you go so easily."
Karlea stared at him, unsure what to say. Jake pulled her gently back into him, leaning his head onto hers.
"Thank you for saving my existence." Jake whispered.
"Always." Slipped out of her mouth as if she didn't have to give it a second thought. Her own answer surprising her, her heart answering, not her head.
Jake looked at her and smiled, although part of him wanted to keep telling her how dangerous her answer was and how it was another case of a human being charmed by a vampire. She slightly smiled back, her nervousness over what this meant slightly showing. Jake caressed her cheek with his cold hand, a spark resonating between them. Jake threw out his irrational thought and did the rational thing, and planted his lips on hers. She fell into the kiss wrapping her arms around his neck, her fingers finding their way through his hair at the base of his neck. Her body pressing against his, intensifying the kiss between them. Jake's want for her taking over. He pulled away to kiss her neck gently. Her head tipped back giving him better exposure. He caressed her soft skin with his tongue to her jugular. He could feel the blood flowing through her vein, it called to him and he wanted more of her sweet taste. He brought his lips down and sucked on her neck without breaking the skin, causing her to dig her nails into him. He wanted her blood but at that moment he wanted something more.
He pulled away and looked at her. "I want more than just your blood."

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors here:
Linda Hamonou


Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

2 comments:

  1. I was sure something like this was going to happen. I guess that has to do with saving each other's life. I reads really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its better than the way I had it before, it was just dragging when it was like, just kiss her already, lol.

      Delete