Saturday, September 25, 2021

WeWriWa o9.26.21

 

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

This week, we will continue on from last week with my serial killer WIP in the pov of Dennis. Creative punctuation used to make it fit.

 As I went to stick the keys in the ignition, I stopped and touched the small purple crystal star keychain hanging off. It was almost a year ago when Serena Fire had given it to me for my birthday, along with a free lap dance...That girl was fire. 


I started up the car, listening to the engine rev before taking off down the dirt road. I loved this car, it was the best one I had fixed up yet, to make it my own. I originally wanted it orange with black stripes, but everyone that saw it kept calling it the fucking car from Dukes of Hazzard; wrong fucking make and model besides the fact that this was new and not from nineteen sixty-fucking-nine, so black with orange stripes it was. 

I rolled down the window and floored it, letting the wind fill the hot car. I didn’t have to worry about being pulled over, since this was a private dirt road on the land Derrick and I owned. It was perfect for testing out the speed of cars, racing, and drifting. I flipped off Derrick’s house as I flew past it, not that he was home. His truck was still there, but he was not.


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here.

Enjoy your Sunday! ~Danii X

8 comments:

  1. Oh, the mystery between Dennis and Derrick builds. Now, where is Derrick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm,I'm feeling like the fact that his truck was there but he wasn't is going to be important. Love the description of his vehicle vs. The Dukes of Hazard General Lee. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danii, this is really great work. I'll be sharing a link to your story in the October Roost Recommendations post at https://bit.ly/ReadersRoost
    The post will publish at midnight MST on October 1. I just listed the story as "Serial Killer," but if you have a working title that you'd like me to use instead, you can let me know in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much!! 🖤 I actually don’t have a title nor a blurb lol. Haven’t been able to work on this project much more since going back to work (teacher). *sigh*

      Delete