Saturday, September 18, 2021

WeWriWa o9.19.21

 

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday! I'm kinda getting back into the groove of this and trying to post earlier in the week instead of the night before. The blog, however, needs a makeover, things are so outdated! lol.

Anyway, we are going to continue on with my untitled serial killer WIP. Picking up right where we left off last week with Dennis.

I grabbed my thermos of coffee and keys, and headed out the door for another day of running the shop yard. It was already, sunny and warming up in the Mojave desert on the outskirts of Lancaster, a single tumbleweed blowing across the barren dirt yard. I hobbled over to my car, my lame leg giving me more trouble than usual. What a fucking asshole Derrick was for smashing my leg with a baseball bat when we were teenagers. Fuck him. 

The sunlight reflected harshly off of the orange strips on my Dodge Challenger, creating a blinding glare. Beneath the glare, I could see dust had blown through the night, the black paint looking dull. It was such a bitch keeping a car clean in the desert. I would have to wipe it down, yet again, before going into L.A. later. If Derrick’s car was around, I would have drawn a dick in the dust for him, right across the windshield. 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * End of snippet, but I'm going to continue on because there are four more lines I really want to share:


I opened the car and got in, setting the thermos in the cupholder. As I went to stick the keys in the ignition, I stopped and touched the small purple crystal star keychain hanging off. It was almost a year ago when Serena Fire had given it to me for my birthday, along with a free lap dance. That girl was fire. 


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here.

Enjoy your Sunday! ~Danii X

12 comments:

  1. Intriguing snippet and well done on feeding us the background information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Right across the windshield. Too good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And truck windows are much bigger, too. Lol!!! 😂

      Delete
  3. Excellent job with putting in backstory that gives us a feeling of Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've revealed a lot about Dennis and Derrick in this snippet while leaving me with many more questions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to know more about Derrick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great introduction to this character. I have so many questions!

    ReplyDelete