Sunday, September 12, 2021

WeWriWa o9.12.21

 

It has been two years since I've done this! I really hand an urge to jump back in today! Despite my absence, I have still been writing here and there, always coming up with new stories, but as per my usual M.O. never finishing anything. I need to figure out this blog an update it.

Anyway, the excerpt I am about to share is from a WIP. It has no title, but is a serial killer type of story. I'm just going to start at the very beginning because why not. It is from the pov of a man named Dennis. Creative punctuation used to make it fit and make sense (I hope).

“Another body was discovered early this morning, near Griffith Park and the I-5 Freeway and police are saying it matches the others that have been found over the last few months. Police are certain the Los Angeles area is seeing its first serial killer since 2007 and warns the community to be safe out on the streets.” 

The high pitched annoying blonde from the news station rambled on, rattling my brain, I smashed the power button on the tv to shut her up. She made it sound like there were many bodies discovered, when in actuality, the police had only discovered three over the last 8 months. All the same; prostitutes, drugged, raped, stabbed and strangled to death, their bodies bleached and cleaned of prints, left in random places, posed. This one in particular propped up against a pole, tied to it. Police had no leads, no clues, and all they could do was warn the public to be careful, especially the sex workers out there, while the public awaited a ridiculous name to call this one. It was intriguing to see what stupid name they would come up with. There would no doubt be more bodies... in time.


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here. It's been so long, I hope I did this right.

Enjoy your Sunday! ~Danii X
(For anyone who remembers when I was really active, I wrote under Siren X Star)

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like this character has a fascination with this case. I'm curious as to why, as they don't seem to be the actual killer. I don't think, anyway...

    Great to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Well written snippet for sure, even if I'm NOT into serial killers LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Great snippet. Throws reader into the horror of the situation right away.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good snippet. It makes you want to know more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the way you describe his actions, I'm not quite sure this isn't the serial killer. So I'm drawn into the story immediately, to find out if he is or not. Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dennis... is he? Isn't he? Loved it. And welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! Its so nice to see your name pop up!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back from me as well. Interesting start to your new story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way intriguing! I'm wondering, too, if this isn't the POV of the killer!
    Welcome back Siren! It's so good to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete