Friday, September 4, 2015

Vampire Friday o4.o9.15

Welcome to Vampire Friday, my favorite day of the week!

Continuing on with where we left off with BloodLust a few weeks ago...

"You have bonded yourself to her, Jake. To a human. Nothing good ever comes of this, only a dead body." Vaughn continued. "Be prepared to turn her, so you are not so surprised when she dies."
Jake looked over at Karlea. The image of her as a vampire in his mind. She would no doubt be absolutely beautiful as a vampire, forever immortalized the way she looked now, but he didn't want that for her. He really didn't want to end up having to make the choice of turning her or keeping her dead. If he did accidentally kill her, he would do what was right, and bare the burden and the loss of her, instead of her baring the burden of eternal life, living off of human blood. 
Jake looked back at Vaughn. 
"Her ex said they were coming for her, but wouldn't tell me who they were. I can only assume vampire." Jake said.
"And she has no idea what danger she is in." Vaughn said. He looked over at her and then back at Jake.
"She's dead, Jake. She's not going to make it through the night. You want her in your undead life, you need to make her undead, now."

Jake stared at Vaughn, torn between what he wanted and what he needed to do. Just then Karlea walked up to them, holding her coat and messenger bag, snapping Jake out of his thoughts. Jake noticed she looked tired and he could sense from the smell of her blood that she was slightly drunk.
"Matt's sending me home early. So, I'm gonna go home and sleep. I'll be here tomorrow, dancing," she said, "I'll give you your shirt back then?"
"Whenever is good." Jake smiled. "Do you want me to walk you home or to the subway?"

"Thanks, but I think I got this. I just want to get home so I can sleep."
She smiled at the both of them and walked off towards the exit. Jake went to follow.
"Where are you going?"
"I suppose you would call it stalking my prey," Jake replied, "but I call it making sure she gets home safely."
"You can't protect her all the time."
"I'm going to try..." Jake responded as he started to walk away.
"Again, you're hopeless, Jake." Vaughn yelled, "I'll be at my apartment."
Jake waved to Vaughn without looking back. He used his speed to catch up with Karlea, but remain in the shadows so she didn't see him.


Thanks for reading! You can read more great writers below:
Linda Hamonou

Have a great weekend! And if you're in the States, have a great long weekend for Labour Day! If you don't have to work anyways. I always thought Labour Day was to celebrate the American worker? So, why has it become such a commercial shopping holiday, where it makes employees in retail/food service work? Way to go Amerikkkka! :(

Hearts & Stars,
~Siren X

1 comment:

  1. Wow stalking time. I wonder if it's a vampire thing or a guy thing. It seems they are really likely to follow the damsel in distress.
    I like Karlea's confidence, I mean she was attacked, and she barely flinch. I wonder what kind of guy his ex is for her to seem to be used to this kind of situation.

    ReplyDelete