Sunday, September 2, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday o9.o2.12

Welcome to another six! I can't believe its September already and that I have been in the Bay Area for over three weeks now! I still cannot wrap my brain around the fact that I live here, its unreal. I have to say that the view driving on the MacArthur Freeway is absolutely magnificent! The sight of the bay on one side and mountains on the other, with palm trees and sun, its just amazing.

So, this week's snippet is from a side story of my WIP novel. I just took off writing it and not really sure how its going to fit into my novel, if at all, but I do want to do something with it. Karlea is sitting at the vampire club when she gets a taste of Armani :)

"Your exquisite beauty has captured the attention of this entire club."
Karlea jumped at the sound of his voice and he grinned at her humanness; that he moved so fast that she never saw him come over to her and kneel before her. 
She noticed him kneeling in front of her, holding a red rose out to her. He gestured for her to take it and she did, saying thank you quietly and trying to avoid his eyes at all costs. 
Karlea noticed that he was handsome: tall, thin, deathly pale, dark eyes that were accented more by dark eyeliner, black hair that was short on the sides and longer down the middle, longer strands falling down to the sides of his face; and dressed in an expensive, shiny black gothic suit. Maybe he was her type, but she wasn't interested.

I think Armani may try to change her mind. When I wrote this and described Armani, I realized I totally described someone in particular without meaning to and he has been my face of Armani ever since. I want to post a pic, but I want to see if anyone can guess it over the next few weeks. Whoever does get it right, will get a free copy of my book when I am done with it. First hint, or two: He is a musician and lives (or used to) in the Bay Area (he may now live in Los Angeles for all I know).

Thanks for reading! Please comment and I promise to comment back on yours! Check out other great authors here.

1 comment:

  1. Had to come back to catch up. I look forward to this story evolving!

    ReplyDelete