Sunday, March 10, 2019

WeWriWa o3.1o.19

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday! 

I'm sharing something new, something I'm slooowly working on. It's tentatively called Blood Wine. That name will probably change. Anyway, this story is about Anton Pierce, a young, handsome, wealthy winery owner and artist – who also happens to be a vampire- who falls for a woman named, Charlotte, at the art museum. He is immediately drawn to her not just for her beauty but because she is so bold and sassy. His true identity must not ever be revealed to her. Together they start a fiery romance laced with dom/sub dynamic. The story alternates between each of their points of view.

This week's snippet skips a little ahead from last week, where Charlotte introduces herself. 

“Hi, Mr. Pierce,” I smiled, “I’m Charlotte.” I must have sounded like a robot with a pre-recorded message, giving him a standard intro that everyone was giving him, but I was trying to act professional.
He smiled, shaking my hand. I felt bad, my hands were always so damn cold, but his was just as cold, probably from having just been outside.

“Please, no Mr. Pierce, call me Anton.” He said. I noticed he had a very slight accent, not American.
“Okay.” I replied, what came next out of my mouth wasn’t even embarrassing, since it came out so natural and with my attitude, as if it were a warning to him. “Well, I’m your personal servant...slave...assistant tonight.”
“Sorry.” I added, sorry but not.

Thanks for reading! Due to work being crazy, I did not get a chance to read snippets. You can read more amazing authors here and here.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

18 comments:

  1. Whoa! That was subtle . . . not. Sets to tone immediately. Love the cold hands. From being outside - right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to see how he responds to that! Love the winery/art backdrop of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her attitude. Some people can just get away with that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I want to know what he's going to say to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to share his response next week

      Delete
  5. It seems like her blurted words are exposing herself to possible problems. What if he takes her words too personally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to see next week!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Uh oh. WHat did she just get herself into? :-)

    Good snippet, Siren.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I'm curious about his reaction to her slip up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the others, I want to hear what he has to say. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now what will his reaction be? Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might just read that next week ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete