Wednesday, March 21, 2018

MidWeek Tease o3.21.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thanks to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!
We continue on where we left off last, Charlotte is opening the museum and finds that Anton is gifting her some of his artwork. She had texted him to thank him in the last snippet I shared. We are in Anton's p.o.v...
I had layed awake for hours on my bed, still in my t-shirt and suit pants from the night before, staring at the ceiling. The hunger was making it hard for me to sleep the day away, which was making my date tonight seem even further away. I needed to be in top shape to be that close to a human I was interested in and who did such things to me as she did. A good day’s sleep would be one of those requirements.


I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, not realizing that I had forgotten to charge it - my mind so occupied with other things. I plugged it in and set it back on the nightstand. A few minutes later, it powered on, the starting tone ringing in the room. I tried to shut my eyes again, but incessant tones of messages popping up on my phone made me open them almost instantly. Why couldn’t the rest of the world be on my sleep schedule?
Then i heard the special tone I had set for Charlotte go off. I grabbed my phone, first silencing everything that wasn’t a priority, which was pretty much everything for a Saturday, and then opening her text.
I read her text and responded, that she was worth more than my art pieces, that I wanted her to have them. It took her a few minutes to respond, thanking me again.
She then sent another text, “The museum is insanely busy, somebody’s exhibit is really popular :)”
And with that, I texted her that I would talk to her later this evening to make plans for tonight before wishing her a beautiful rest of the day.

I decided that maybe disrobing then trying to sleep might be a good idea. As I settled in under the covers, I thought about her green eyes soothing me to sleep.

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

4 comments:

  1. What is he? He sleeps the day away, so I'm going with Vampire. One who makes great art. Love that he's different

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to their date now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he a vamp? Can't wait to find out :)

    ReplyDelete