Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Midweek Tease o2.21.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thanks to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!
We continue on where we left off last week. This takes place the next morning in Charlotte's POV...
“There’s a delivery on your desk for you.” Frank, the museum’s weekend security guard said as he let me into the building, locking the doors behind me.
Still not awake, it didn’t exactly register what he meant.
“A delivery?” I questioned.
“Someone must have wanted you to have a good day.” Frank replied.
As I started to walk towards the admissions desk, I saw a small vase with a few brightly colored daisies. It seemed to make the whole admissions desk brighten up against the plain grey desk. As I walked around behind the desk, I saw a cup of tea and a blueberry muffin waiting for me….and a small pastel purple plastic drawstring bag. I wondered for a split second where this stuff had come from, but then just knew it had come from Mr. Pierce. I opened the drawstring bag expecting to find tiny sample bottles of his wine, but instead inside where different bottles of scented bubble bath from one of the best bath shops in town. I opened one that was peach scented and it smelled heavenly. The thought of walking out of the museum and just going to home to soak in the bathtub with it was tempting. But then the thought of inviting Mr. Pierce over for a bubble bath was even more tempting, so I might as well stay for my shift. It definitely wasn’t going to be an easy one, I was already anxious and flustered for our date tonight, and I had to get through the whole day.


A note, not written in his script, also sat on my desk. It read: Sorry I kept you up so late. Looking forward to tonight. Enjoy your day. -Anton


Yeah, that wasn’t going to help me get through my day at all.

Before setting up the admissions desk for the day, I went and interrogated Frank about who exactly delivered everything. His response was a modern day courier and then went into how back in his day, deliveries were made by bicycle. Then he politely asked if it was from the young wine guy. When I replied, yes, he went off on a tangent of how rich Mr. Pierce was for his age, and if he had been as rich as Mr. Pierce he would retire and buy a golf course in Florida. He then went into how to properly win a woman’s heart back in his day and approved of how Mr. Pierce was going about this.


I thanked Frank and left him with his memories, as I went back to the desk to get ready for the museum to open for the day.

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

3 comments: