Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday Taster 15.10.15

Welcome to Thursday Taster! Its been a bit since I've participated, only because I have been working on other writing projects and I mostly share excerpts from my serial killer story or my 1st person p.o.v. vampire rewrite. 

So today, I have written a little bit more of my serial killer story...

I was going through a lot of trouble to acquire this girl and risking everything I had in the process. I could easily lose both of my careers. But I knew myself. I knew I wouldn't be able to focus fully on anything until I was satisfied with this girl. She fascinated me, she was strong and bold. i wanted to know her story, i wanted to know her pain threshold, and her feeelings when she was facing death. 
She lived not too far from the Brooklyn Bridge, on a quiet dead end street, in a brownstone duplex. I parked the car near her house, texting her to let her know I was here. As I stepped out of the car, I saw her step out onto her porch, locking the door behind her. She walked down the stairs onto the sidewalk. She looked radiant and bad ass in an army fatigue dress that looked like it was repurposed from an army jacket. It had no sleeves with a deep collar, and buttoned all the way down. She left the top two buttons unbuttoned, exposing the top of her breasts, hints of her black lace bra, peeked out as she walked. The dress shaped to her body. She wore black fishnet stockings and combat-looking boots, but more fashionable. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail that went well with her dress. Her eye makeup matched the dark green and brown of her dress with thick black eyeliner. I noticed that she had a small silver ring in the side of her nose, something she didn't have in earlier in the day. Her arm looked like it was freshly bandaged.
I walked up onto the sidewalk to meet her, holding a bouquet of a dozen red roses. 
"Hey." I said as I flashed her my charming smile.
"Hey." She replied, smiling back as she walked up to me.
I handed her the flowers. 
She laughed as she said, "Thanks, but this isn't necessary. I think you have done enough for me today."
"It was my pleasure." I said. She smiled and smelled the flowers. 
"You look beautiful." Slipped out of my mouth. 
"Oh thanks. I wasn't sure what to wear."
Um...nothing would be good.
"I wasn't sure what kind of restaurant we were going to." She continued.

"Well, now its going to have to be some fancy place." I joked. 
"Noooo." She cried, sarcastically, as we walked towards the car. I held open the passenger door for her. She smiled and thanked me as she got in. As I got in the driver side, she had her phone pulled out, fidgeting with it to turn off the ringer. 
"So what name did you put in your phone for me?" I had to ask.
"Um..." she stammered and then smiled. "Doctor Emerson."

She embarrassingly showed me the contact entry. I laughed and shook my head.
"I'm still convinced you just like calling me that.You may just have a thing for doctors."
"Maybe." She plainly said, as she shut off her phone and placed back into her small army green bread bag. 

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors here!

Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren XVX

5 comments:

  1. Fab taster! I'd love to read the whole book.Hope to see more tasters soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading first person narrative (enjoy writing it too) this flows so well, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the feeling that he is going to get surprised by her and maybe not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me right there with her and him. I don't know hat happened earlier and would enjoy reading more. Good intro to dinner. I wonder where he will take her?

    ReplyDelete