Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thursday Taster o7.o9.15

Welcome to Thursday Tasters!
I hope everyone is doing well. Although you may not be after you read this excerpt ;)
It continues on from where we last left off with my serial killer story...
"Shouldn't you be wearing gloves, Dr. Emerson?" She questioned, "I'm going to bleed all over you."
Shit, I was so into her I forgot to put on gloves. My work at home required no gloves; it was about the touch - about the feeling of skin on your fingertips, the feel of the knife in your hand, the feel of the blood dripping down, all without latex in between. I thought I was at home with her. And she was going to bleed.

"Stuart. And you are absolutely right, I should." I got up and grabbed gloves off of the desk. I don't know why I was so insistent that she call me by my first name - I guess because I was helping her out.
"While I am your patient, you are Dr. Emerson. Stuart is for other times." She said.
I couldn't tell if she was trying to be cute or serious.
"No need to be proper Miss Hurley because what I'm doing is anything but proper. This is hardly by hospital procedure."
I searched the cabinet for a stitching kit and towels to wipe the blood. I sat back down across from her and put on the gloves.
"I don't want to get you in trouble." She said, generally concerned.
I smiled at her as I put her arm on the surgical cloth, "Don't worry about it, I'll handle it if a problem arises."
Given my status at the hospital as one of the top surgeons, I highly doubted anyone would say anything to me nor the Chief of Surgery, for stitching up an injured EMT without the proper paperwork. I wiped her arm of the blood and got ready to clean the wound.

"You know this is going to sting a bit." I said plainly.
She shook her head that she knew and I continued onward, putting the disinfectant on her arm. I noticed that she was biting her lower lip.
"That is the most annoying feeling." She said, letting go of her lip.
I finished up and started to prep for the stitches.
"I need to get you numbed up." I said, but then realized I had no numbing agent in the kit. That wasn't even on purpose, just fate.
"Hold on, I need to find some numbing agent."

I searched the cabinets, but there wasn't any.
"I need to go hunt some down." I said as I shut the door to the cabinet.

"Don't worry about it." She said. "Let's just get this done, its just stitches."
I went back over to her.
"Are you sure?"
"I've been through worse. Besides, you're a heart surgeon, I trust you have the steadiest of hands, so it won't be that bad."

She's been through worse? She really did have a story behind her, and now, I was more curious to know what it was.
I sat back down across from her. "Do I need to hold you down?"

"I would, just in case."
I held her arm down as I went to start.
"You better not pass out on me." I said sternly, my accent coming through again.
"I won't." She smiled.
The first was a bit hard for her, but it usually is for anyone. After that she relaxed a bit and the next ten went in with no problem. By the tenth, her arm was probably already numb on its own. I decided it was best to give her more, some that were deeper just in case the knife wound was more serious and just in case the top stitches ripped. These she felt, her arm tensing up, and I could see color starting to fade from her face. If she lasted this long, she was going to be a delight in my basement.


I think this is a good place to stop. Thanks for reading, and please comment, I love reading your comments!

You can read more great writers here:

Have a great week! 2015 is half over, do something fabulous!

Hearts & Stars,
~Siren XVX

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I love this POV. I'm always waiting to see her in the basement too. That guy is sort of captivating. I wonder how he can go from helping people to cutting them into pieces. I guess that's like the fire starter fireman. This POV is turning me into a psychopath lol, more please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel psychotic when I'm done writing it! I have never written anything like this in 1st person. Its a process to snap out of his voice when I'm done, kinda like an actor has to sometimes do.
      But the idea is based on a screenplay I wrote for my MFA program.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. This scene is very captivating and suspenseful. I can hardly wait to read what happens next. I love how you use first person with Stuart, the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing in 1st person for him is hard, but fun.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete