Sunday, February 17, 2013

WeWriWa o2.17.13


I still have to fight the urge to write Six Sentence Sunday in my title, its so... automatic. 

Another crazy week in the Star household. Or the House of Star & Midnight as I may refer to it sometimes. (I've always wanted to open a Irish pub and call it the House of Star & Midnight. I guess now I would have to make it an Irish Vegan/Pescatarian pub that serves non-alcoholic drinks, to reflect our new lifestyles. That's works well for an Irish pub, don't you think ;) The drinks would have to be so good that you think you are drinking alcohol. Haha)

Anyway, we had friends from back home stay with us for a few days. This is the first time we have seen anyone since leaving Rochester a year and a half ago. Which made it hard to watch them leave on Tuesday, it was kinda like leaving Rochester again. The kids had a especially hard time with it. But we had a blast hanging out and catching up. And I finally saw the Golden Gate Bridge! I've only seen it from a very far distance, where you can't make out what color it really is. It is such an incredibly massive structure when you are near it!

It finally made me realize that I am really living here, that the bridge is practically my backyard and I don't have to leave it anytime soon. That I'm not a tourist who will go back home far away, instead I'm exploring my new home. It finally made living in California a reality, something I have been dreaming about for years. Every time I stepped out the door this week, I had a totally new take on my surroundings. And my crappy little 3 bedroom I am renting with hardly a yard, is now starting to feel a little more like home. Although, I still want to move to a better house when my lease is up! It made me stop missing my Atlanta home so much (not Atl, just the house). We just have to get through our lease here and then we can move into a nicer home in the area that has a yard for the kids.

So, on to my 8 for the week. Last week, Karlea was left unconscious in a dungeon by Armani, after he decided to keep her, living. She was just coming to when we left.


With her palms flat, she lifted herself and sat up. Immediately, someone grabbed her from behind, wrapping their arm around the front of her shoulders and pulling her into them. She screamed, her voice dry and hoarse. 
Armani had been standing in the darkness watching her sleep for hours, making sure her heart kept beating.  His sleeve already rolled up, he bit his wrist deep, moaning, and then shoved it in her mouth. The blood flowed heavily and he was sure, even with her struggling, she would manage to swallow some. Soon after, he could feel her becoming stronger from ingesting his blood. He pulled his wrist away as Karlea caught her breath.

Thanks for reading! Please comment, I love reading comments, it helps me with my writing! I will have to spend a day to catch up on past SSS and WeWriWa because I am just so far behind now. I'm on my second week of classes and I'm already a bit behind, I just need to get on a good schedule with everything and then my Saturday mornings can be spent reading others WeWriWa. 

You can always find Karlea & Armani on social media or sign up for the newsletter.




Subscribe to the Newsletter

* indicates required
Email Format


You can find more great authors here and here. Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm...a forced infusion? Interesting!
    I can't imagine standing over someone watching them sleep for hours...wonder what was going through his mind all that time?
    Nice 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is THE most intriguing story and I still haven't come around to knowing if I like Armani but wow, do I HAVE to keep reading! Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vampire named "Armani". Love it! Great excerpt and I sure want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonder what's going on in his mind while he's watching her. This is very interesting. Look forward to hearing more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the names and the attitude---of course it wouldn't occur to him to tell her what's going on. Should set up quite the conflict!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's a different direction. How is he going to deal with a woman who hates him and fears him, and who is now strong enough to kick the crap out of him? Nicely done, Siren. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Veronica, I don't know if I like him, but that's what I love about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, I'm curious to read more, what will they say to each other after THIS???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intense! And how appropriate that your text is red. ;-)

    ~Joyce Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the great comments. Usually I respond to everyone individually, but apparently now that I'm taking two classes, individual responses may not happen :(
    Looking forward to reading all of yours as well!

    ReplyDelete