Wednesday, October 17, 2018

MidWeek Tease 1o.17.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop! 

Where we last left off, Charlotte was on her date with with the handsome, wealthy...and vampire, Anton Pierce. After things started to heat up in public, Anton decided to bring her back to his penthouse. We are in Charlotte's p.o.v...

I held onto his arm as we stood in the elevator, secretly hoping for more of what had occurred in the street. My nervousness attacked me once again, and I silently screamed in my head for him to quit making me feel that way.
His fingers caressed my hand and wrist before his hand tightened on mine, drawing me in closer to him. His lips pressed against mine, taking my breath away for yet another time tonight. He pulled away in time for the elevator to ding for our floor - he must have known exactly how many seconds he would have. We smiled at each other as he led me out of the elevator. I followed him down the narrow hallway to the P2 door, he unlocked the door, turned on the lights, and held the door open for me.

I tried to keep my jaw from falling as I walked in, the door closing behind me. The front door led into a small hallway that opened up into a spacious living room. His penthouse was stunning -- new and modern, the exterior walls were all glass with gorgeous views of the city (wait, did I just call this city gorgeous?), and expensive...definitely expensive.
Off the living room was a dining room and a kitchen with and island counter and a sink. Off the kitchen, there was a sliding glass door that looked like it led to an outdoor area.

Anton watched me as I was looking around his living room at all the artwork and sculptures he had...none i really recognized the artist of. Except one...a lesser known Van Gogh of a cafe scene.
“Should I even ask if this is the real thing?” I said as he walked up behind me, taking a sip from his glass, holding a second glass. He shook his head no as he swallowed. He handed the second glass to me. I looked at the small amount of liquid that was in it.
“Real homemade Kentucky moonshine.” Anton answered, “I don’t want to give you too much, it might make you really drunk. You can’t consent, if you are drunk.”
“And what exactly would I be consenting to, Mr. Pierce?” I said in my testing tone.
“Punishments are owed, my dear, for that smart mouth of yours.” He smiled.
I smiled and shook my head, raising the glass. The liquid hit my throat, it tasted sweet and cinnamon-y, like apple pie, but strong, very strong...it burned my throat.
“It tastes like apple pie.” I said, barely able to speak.
“Which is exactly why I only gave you a little. The proof on this stuff is through the roof and with it tasting like apple pie, you won’t realize how much you’ve drank until you’re hallucinating face first into the floor.” He answered as he finished his.
“May I ask how you acquired that?” I said, my voice back to normal.
“Business partner gifted it to me to try.”
“Thinking about dabbling in moonshine?” I joked.
“Maybe. Have an underground moonshine distillery at the winery.”
“Then you could open an underground speakeasy themed bar to serve it.”
“Not a bad idea.” He took the empty glass from me and placed it with his on the coffee table.
“Would you like a tour?”
“Sure.”

Where might this tour end up? Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below. Sorry... Blogger messed up the formatting and is not letting me fix it :(

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

3 comments:

  1. Awe, why did you have to stop there... Hope you post the continuation next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Apple pie flavored moonshine? Wow. I would get very drunk on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I can imagine downing a glass of that myself. And the van Gogh? (Kim aka Angelica)

    ReplyDelete