Sunday, January 6, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday o1.o6.13



Happy 2013!!! Its strange writing 2013, I think this is the first time I have dated something this year. 

The holidays were relaxing, but now they are over, and we go back to the usual routine of  school tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it at all. School days are extremely stressful for me - 3 kids, 3 different schools, and two little ones that have to get up from nap before they are ready to go with me. Oh, and in East Bay traffic which includes crazy drivers, bicyclists that don't follow rules, and pedestrians that walk out in front of your car. And my three year old is sick. We were all sick the week before the holidays, and now she somehow is sick again, and we didn't even go out of the house this week. So, now I'm hoping my other kids don't get it. 

So, I've been working really hard on my Kickstarter campaign for the last two weeks, even with everyone home, and it is almost finished. It needs to be proofread and I need to make a video. But I am so excited about it! I just want to write this story instead of spending my time writing Kickstarter.

I also spent my time building a facebook page, g+ page, and a twitter account for Armani. So, please feel free to follow/like any or all of them :) I should update them weekly, I hope.


When we last left Armani and Karlea, he had a stake pointed at her throat....

"I despise these things. Do you have any idea how much these things hurt when they miss your heart?" Armani shouted.
"No." Karlea replied quietly.
"Of course you don't, you're human," Armani dragged the stake across her throat, waiting for the perfect moment, "So preciously human," he hissed.

I missed with the punctuation to make it fit into six, so its not exactly how it should be in the last line. But I had to make it all fit or it just wouldn't work as a snippet. 

Just as a reminder, I will still be posting SSS every week even after it ends, whether or not someone decides to host a SSS. I heard that Skye Warren may do so, but I don't know for sure.  So, please follow my blog if you want or just remember to come by each week. I thought about hosting a SSS, but I don't know if I should. Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading and please comment! I love reading comments and will always reply back and comment on your six, if you have one. 

You can check out more great authors here.

Have a great week. Its 2013 - do something fabulous!!! (This is my motto for the year :)

Hearts & Stars
~Siren

11 comments:

  1. " Do you have any idea how much these things hurt when they miss your heart?"
    Great line.
    Could easily have more than one meaning.

    Please keep me informed on any future developments with SSS. I've enjoyed participating and hate to see it end.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank! Thanks for your comments! I'll do my best to keep you updated. Skye Warren had a list going for people interested, but when I visited her site it wasn't there anymore, so I don't know what is going on. My hubby is a web developer, so with him I am capable of hosting a SSS, but I just don't have a lot of time. I love SSS, so if people are interested, I'll host one if no one else does.

      Delete
    2. Skye Warren's list is back up now. www.skyewarren.com/six

      Delete
  2. Love how he keeps toying with her, I feel bad for her, but it's fun reading.
    Yes, hopefully Skye will pick up something come Feb. I'm sure she's terribly busy too, but I think you've got enough on your plate, but I love that you'll step up if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can live without SSS, its a part of me now :)

      Thanks for reading! Spoiler alert: He will toy with her for a long time :)

      Delete
  3. I'm absolutely in for continuing Six Sentence Sunday in some form or another.

    Love the line, "So preciously human"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally LOLd at his line. That was fabulous! I've liked on FB and followed on Twitter. Not a user of G+, though. Hope you're soon able to focus more on writing and that everyone is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks. I really appreciate it :)

      I started twitter accounts for each character one day. And they were having cute conversations via tweets. But I'm not ready to give out the info or their tweets will give too much away.

      Delete