Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Midweek Tease o7.o4.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thanks to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

We continue where left off last week, where Anton is preparing for his date with Charlotte.
I was taking a big risk tonight, in all my centuries I have never gotten this close to a human woman and been so consumed by her. It had been at least a century since I last dated a vampire. We had been together for awhile, only to find how incompatible we really were, her choice of dining on whomever she wanted did not fit my fancy and I couldn’t be the type of vampire she wanted me to be.  I tried, letting my past losses fuel me, and I found what the true monster in me could do. Coming to my senses, it scared the hell out of me knowing what I was capable of. Although, it was too late for the city of Paris, it was already a bloodbath. I spent the century learning to survive without killing, only enjoying a few one night stands here and there - all of them walking away in the morning.
Before this, out of boredom and loneliness, I had courted a young woman during the Civil War. Her humanness intrigued me. I wasn’t necessarily in love with her, but she gave me the time of day and her direct attention. We became engaged, and I had this horrible plan that I would turn her the night of our wedding. Only my monster took over and bled her dry, not letting me have the want of turning her, only to listening to her heart stop dead.
Charlotte I was already in love with, but I had no want of turning her or killing her. It was the monster inside that wanted these things. I took an unneeded breath and began to drive, practicing answers in my head and controlling my “breathing”.

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

8 comments:

  1. Great scene. Interesting listening to his thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tension. I love him warring with himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be doing that a lot, unless one side takes over and wins. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Great scene and great imagery. I'm wishing him luck it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      And I'm sure there will many complications!

      Delete
  4. Interesting to read about his dark side! Love this and will definitely read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :)
      More of his dark side will surface.

      Delete