Wednesday, July 25, 2018

MidWeek Tease o7.25.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

Where we left off last week, Charlotte was about to go on her date with the handsome Anton Pierce.

“I never even asked what we were doing tonight?” She said, as I got into the car.
I looked at her. She was again so beautiful, but her heart...her heart had been ringing in my ears since I stepped out of the car. Her heart was racing. She was nervous. Mine would have been, too, if I had one that worked.
It made it difficult to answer her, I was so focused on the sound of her heart. “There’s an indie deathrock band from Toronto playing at Plush Lounge.”
“I don’t know if they are any good.” I added as I smiled.
“Okay..” She smiled back with uncertainty in her voice.
“If they totally bomb it, we can leave and find something else to do. This is Rochester, so not many choices, though.”
She laughed loudly, “Don’t remind me.”
“Or you could just come home with me.” I threw in.
She stopped laughing and looked at me with a teasing look on her face.
“Should we just do that now? Skip the possibly shitty band and just get to it.” She challenged with her usual snarky tone.
“If I thought you were serious without that sarcastic tone of yours, I would agree.” I said as I started to drive away. “But at least I know you’re prepared to go home with me.”
I winked at her jokingly. She laughed and covered her face with her hand.
“How was your day?” She asked, trying to change the subject as I drove.
I looked over at her, “Longer than I thought it would be…”
“But that’s the wine business.” I quickly added.
I looked at her again, “Thank you for being understanding tonight.”
“Yeah, no worries. Trust me I have nothing better to do in this town. Besides I can’t imagine running a wine business.”
"Well, maybe you will get a taste of it at some point." I said, glancing over at her.
"I don't know. I think I'm more equipped to manage your artwork than wine."
We drove to the venue as I listened her talk in depth about the first day of the exhibit.


The venue wasn’t too packed as some electropop band was on the stage, as we walked in. Mostly a hipster crowd that was just looking to get their drink on for a Saturday night. With Charlotte on my arm, I led her over to the bar.
“What can I get you to drink?” I asked.
“Some Pierce Wine would be good. I hear its amazing,” She replied, smiling,  “like its owner.”
I stared at her for a moment before shaking my head and laughing, wanting to play along, “I’m sorry, miss, they don’t serve that here.”
“Oh, well that’s disappointing. Mr. Pierce should change that.”
“Maybe in the future he will.” I smiled.
“That’s okay, I needed something stronger anyways.”
“Okay, then.”
I ordered us each Absinthe. I handed the first one over to Charlotte as she thanked me. Her eyes seemed to sparkle as she looked at me. I wanted to get lost in them, but had to pay the bartender. I took my drink and walked towards the area where the stage was with her following. I took her hand in mine and placed it back on my arm.
“I like it there.” I said.
She looked up at me, “I do, too.”
“Good.” I smiled.
We stopped near the side of the stage. With her still holding onto my arm, we toasted our glasses. I watched her tip hers back first before drinking mine.
“Strong enough?” I asked.
“No,” She smiled, “but it will do.”
“I have some real illegal homemade Kentucky moonshine back at my place. Can’t get much stronger than that.”
“We’re going to end up there, aren’t we?”
“I don’t want assume anything.” I replied, “Its not an expectation.”
I added, “But I do remember us agreeing to being as unprofessional and inappropriate as we like.”
She smiled back, her heart racing again, “I do remember that.”
We stood and watched the band play. I couldn’t help but notice her body swaying, all sexy, to the music. I could tell she was a dancer and a probably a very good one. Then again she lived in Los Angeles previously, lots of debauchery going on there, so I won’t be surprised if she was a former go-go dancer. I had been around the world, I know how remote this city can be. I would have to figure out a way to take her on a trip to a bigger city, so she could be let out of her box she was in here. It must be killing her inside.

Thanks for reading! I'm still writing this scene, so far what I have might be hot & steamy. Anything anyone wants to see happen?
You can read more great authors below.
Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

8 comments: