Wednesday, July 18, 2018

MidWeek Tease o7.18.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! And as always, thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

I'm continuing on with my WIP and where I left off last week, where Charlotte is freaking out about her date. Just as some background, Charlotte works at the art museum, but her other life in Los Angeles, she was a fire performance artist and an aerial silks artist.

Amie got up and made her way to the stairs that led upstairs to the backdoor of her apartment. “I’ll see you in the morning...or maybe I won’t. Maybe you won’t come home tonight.”
I stuck my tongue out at her as she quickly disappeared inside. I made my way to the silks, being in the air always balanced me, too. I was thankful for the warmer than usual September weather, so the silks could be hanging longer. Pretty soon they would have to be stored away for the winter, I liked not having to go to the aerial studio to practice. I wasn’t wearing the ideal outfit for practicing, but I really wasn’t going for perfect form, I just needed to fly to calm my heart from beating out of my chest.
Why the hell was I feeling like this?


As I balanced my weight between the silks and tried to focus on centering myself to calm down, I heard a car pull up. No doubt Mr. Pierce’s shiny black Lexus. I flipped down the silks, landing my feet on the crash mat, as gracefully as I could being in boots. I ran over and checked my appearance quickly in the reflection of my bedroom window, pulling the hood up, and went to the front gate. Here we go…

He was walking up as I got to the gate.
“Hey.” I smiled, as I walked out of the gate and shut it. He was dressed all in black, again, cargo pants and a button up dress shirt that was un-tucked...and eyeliner.
He smiled and his eyes seemed to light up. “Hey.”
He already was as intoxicating as last night. He gave me a hug, I was hoping he couldn’t feel my heart or hear it beating against my chest. I wanted to not ever let go of him.
“You look just as stunning as last night.” He said in my ear.
“Thank you.” I replied, “I’m not under dressed am I?”
“Absolutely not. I would have told you to dress up, if I had something fancy to go to. There will be those nights, but not tonight.”
He had made several references to future dates together since we had met, and yes, I had made one, but every time he did, it made me scream inside. This one, I wasn’t thrilled about fancy engagements but the fact that he wanted to take me and be with me, made me excited.
“These are for you.” He said, as he held out a bouquet of dark red and black roses. I was so busy staring at him that I never noticed he was carrying flowers.
“They’re so beautiful, thank you.” I said as I took them from him and smelled them.
“They match you perfectly.” He commented.
As I smiled, he held out his arm, “Shall we go?”
I wrapped my arm around his, holding the flowers in the other. He led me to the car, opening the door for me.

Thanks for reading! I am just starting to write their date scene, and so far its kind of steamy. ;) You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

10 comments: