Wednesday, July 11, 2018

MidWeek Tease o7.11.18

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! Thanks to Angelica Dawson for hosting this fun blog hop!

We continue where we left off last week, this time we are in a new chapter, in Charlotte's point of view. She is getting ready for her anticipated date with the handsome Mr. Pierce...
“Do I look okay?” I asked my upstairs neighbor, Amie, as we sat out on the patio together. It was an unusually warm night for September in the northeast. I had no idea what Mr. Pierce and I would be doing for our date. I was wearing my usual black short shorts, and only because it was so warm, I wore them without leggings or fishnets underneath, just black calf high leg warmers with my boots, a black tank top with my flame resistant performance black halter pullover hooded jacket. This was my usual when I wasn’t working at the museum. I didn’t know if I was underdressed for a date with him.
“You look like....you.” She replied.
“I think Mr. richly handsome wine guy would have told you to dress up if it was somewhere fancy.” She added.
“But what if fancy is so his norm that he doesn’t think to tell me to dress up?”
“True. But where’s your attitude, Char? The sassy Char I know, would say fuck it. You really like this guy, don’t you?”
“I don’t know. I’m really drawn to him and not for his money... I wish that could be left out of the equation.” I replied.
“So, what do you want with him?”
“I don’t know. Not a romantic all-serious relationship, I’m not good with those.”
Amie laughed, “They always happen when you least expect it.”
I groaned.
“He only knows me from the museum, he probably has this certain idea of me. Ugh...I am so not of his stature.”
“Char, you’re freaking out.” Amie said, plainly.
“What if he has some weird, gross fetish --”
“Oh, please, like some of the fetishes you have aren’t crazy.”
“Well, I mean like golden showers and stuff. So, not my thing. I mean he’s too perfect, there’s got to be some hidden secret that’s a total turn off.”
“Go light some fire, that will settle you.”
Amie referring to me being a fire performance artist. I was always out here at night practicing some aspect of fire arts.
“No, I don’t want to go on a date smelling like a bonfire. He’ll probably think I don’t actually live in this house and just squat outside in a tent.”
"Ughhh...Charlotte, stop. freaking. out." She replied.

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below.

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

6 comments: