Saturday, April 8, 2017

#ThursThreads for o4.o6.17

Welcome to my flash fiction for this week's Thursday Threads challenge.

This week the prompt was: "I saw you come home."

I try to keep to a theme of vampires because then it fosters creativity a bit better for me to have some parameters or else my mind goes everywhere with the prompt. This week I continued on with a story I started for my very first Thursday Threads challenge. My mind was just too wrapped up in my Camp NaNoWriMo writing that I almost didn't participate.

"Lord Kian..." Lady Akeldama barked as she stalked after me as I walked through the main hall towards the library.
I ignored her until she she shouted my name more sternly.


"What?!" I growled,as I turned around to face her, not bothering to remove the hood that was covering my eyes. I was in no mood for this.
"We need to talk." She said.
"About..." I paused, "How did you know I was here?"
"I saw you come home --"
"M'lady always stalking..." I replied, smiling, shaking my head.
"No, not like that, Lord Kian. You haven't been here for days. Your human pet has done nothing but scream and make all kinds of commotion from her cage. The noises of our lust and feeding drowning her out at night, but during the day when we are supposed to be sleeping, we can't. You need to shut her up!"
"Don't worry, she is starving, soon she will have no energy for such things."
"She should have already been starved to that point. I don't know how this human has so much resilience. Leave it to you to pick the fighter as your eternal mate."
"She will make a perfect one." I grinned trying to ignite Lady Akeldama's fury for my own entertainment. The whole point of letting this human woman to scream was to drive Lady Akeldama crazy.
"I order you, to take care of her, NOW!"
"Fine, I'll speed up the process." I said, baring my fangs, as I stomped towards where I kept her.
There were so many great tales this week from this prompt that I urge everyone to head here to read the rest. I don't know how the judge this week was able to decide...so many great ones!
Thanks for reading! 
Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

No comments:

Post a Comment