Wednesday, April 12, 2017

MidWeek Tease o4.12.17

Hi! Welcome to MidWeek Tease! It's been awhile since I've participated. But I'm back to share some snippets from a new story I just took off with for Camp NaNoWriMo. Very much a WIP, so typos and things not making sense might happen.

I don't have a blurb just yet. Its's tentatively titled Blood Wine (??) I don't know if I like it. I had to come up with a title for my Camp NaNo profile and that flew out of my mouth. 

It's a vampire erotic romance, you know because that's all I can seem to write ;)
It's about a young, wealthy, Finger Lakes (NY) winery owner and artist, who falls for a woman who works at the art museum. He is immediately drawn to her not only because he thinks she is beautiful, but because she is so bold and sassy. Only his true identity must not ever be known to her. Both struggle to fight their growing attraction to each other, until Anton proposes a strictly physical affair. But how long will it last before they admit to each other that they want something more? And what will happen if she discovers his secret? 

I'm starting a little after the beginning when Anton Pierce walks into the art museum for opening night of his art exhibition. It is written from Charlotte's point of view, she's tired, already working overtime, and not happy about a later than usual opening reception that she is working. She's supposed to be working the admissions desk and be Mr. Pierce's personal assistant while he is there. She's talking to her co-worker at the beginning of this...

She asked to borrow a pen to write something down. As she wrote, I happened to look up and a see a man walk through the front entrance. He was tall, nicely built, with dark hair that was styled longish past his ear on one side and short on the other. He had wide steel plug earrings in both ears. He was dressed all in black; black suit styled pants, black shirt, and a black suit jacket, all with a gothic flare. The kind of clothing I was usually into. Damn.
“That’s Anton Pierce?” I asked.
Dana looked up. “Yup.” She said nonchalantly and went back to writing, not impressed by him. He looked in my direction and slightly smiled before Jonathan ran up to him to give him details about the night. When Dana was finished she looked at him.
“Poor guy gets accosted by Jonathan as soon as he walks in the door.” She said.
He was staring at me as Jonathan gave him his spiel. I was trying not to show that I noticed.
“He’s younger than I thought he’d be.” I admitted.
“He’s about your age.” Dana replied, “He’s done really well for himself with the winery.”
Dana looked at me, “He’s so your type.”
“I don’t know, rich dudes usually aren’t my thing.” I said.
Dana looked at me, “You might want to change that.”
“He’s cute. But he better not be another whiny artist, I’m not in the mood to put up with his shit.” I said with sass.
Dana laughed. “True. It’s been a long week, I’m ready for the weekend. You should be all set for tomorrow.”
She left the papers on the admissions desk and walked away. She passed by Mr. Pierce and said hello quickly, as Jonathan scurried off. I walked around the desk and made my way over. As I approached, Mr. Pierce looked at me, I noticed his strikingly ice blue eyes. And that he was wearing black eyeliner. Damn it.

“Hi, Mr. Pierce,” I smiled, “I’m Charlotte.” I must have sounded like a robot with a pre-recorded message, giving him a standard intro that everyone was giving him, but I was trying to act professional. It must have come off as I was having a hard time.

He smiled, shaking my hand. I felt bad, my hands were always so damn cold, but his was just as cold, probably from having just been outside
“Please, no Mr. Pierce, call me Anton.” He said. I noticed he had a very slight accent, not American.
“Okay.” I replied. What came next out of my mouth wasn’t even embarrassing, since it came out so natural and with my attitude, as if it were a warning to him.
“Well, I’m your personal servant...slave...assistant tonight.”
“Sorry.” I added, sorry but not really.
Mr. Pierce laughed, “Long day already?”
“Yes, very.” I said.
“Well, I do apologize Miss Charlotte, that I had to request a later than usual reception, my schedule can get a bit crazy sometimes.”
His accent really slipped through when he said my name and the way he had said Miss… I trying my best not to melt. I just kept telling myself I wasn’t looking for anything, I was too damn busy with life.
“Please don’t apologize, it’s really not your fault. I apologize for my attitude. It’s just me. Please let me know if there is anything you need or anything I can get you. I’ll be stuck to that desk most of the night.”
Mr. Pierce laughed.
“Well, I can be very demanding when I want to be. But I assure you I don’t need much, I’m not like most artists who will complain that everything is wrong.”
I wasn’t sure if he was referring to his wine business dealings or something else. I honestly had hoped he meant it in other ways. Stop thinking dirty thoughts, I told myself.
“Perfect.” I smiled, “Now enough of my unprofessionalism...I’m so sorry.”
“Don’t be, I deal with boring by the book professionals every single day. Its nice to meet someone with sense of humor and attitude.”
Jonathan once again, called Mr. Pierce’s name. He acknowledged Jonathan and turned back to me.
“If you would excuse me, Miss Charlotte.” He reached for my hand, “It was a pleasure to meet you.”
He gently kissed the back of my hand.
“Likewise, Mr. Pierce.” I smiled.
“Anton.” He said, staring at me before walking off.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to read more awesome authors here:


Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

12 comments:

  1. That's quite a meeting and I'm intrigued by Anton. I presume Charlotte doesn't know yet that he's a vampire.

    Best of luck with CampNaNo, Siren, and thanks for the lovely comments about my website.

    Kai ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love vamps. This promises to be an awesome read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting premise. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs work, but I just need to get it out of my head first!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for a gentleman with a sense of humour :) Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!

      I like how he can match her so well.

      Delete
  5. Love this! Can't wait to read more about these two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww....thank you :)
      That makes me happy!

      I'll post more next week

      Delete