Tuesday, April 25, 2017

#MidWeek Tease o4.26.17

Welcome to MidWeek Tease! I want to send a huge thank you to Angelica Dawson for hosting this blog hop & for adding my blog link to the contributors section on the MidWeek Tease Blog. Thank you :)

And I am so gonna tease you by continuing with an excerpt from my Camp NaNo project, called Blood Wine. It's a vampire erotic romance, set in western New York.
It's about a young, wealthy, winery owner and artist, who falls for a woman who works at the art museum. He is immediately drawn to her not only because he thinks she is beautiful, but because she is so bold and sassy. Only his true identity must not ever be known to her. Both struggle to fight their growing attraction to each other, until Anton proposes a strictly physical affair. But how long will it last before they admit to each other that they want something more? And what will happen if she discovers his secret? 

Where we left off last week, Mr. Pierce had not seen his art exhibit yet, so Charlotte went to show him, only she was engrossed by his artwork for a second time, connecting them even further. The last lines were of Charlotte asking if he needed anything before the guests arrived, to which he replied a glass of water...

I made my way over to where one of our cafe staff named Sarah, was setting up a table. I asked her if she would be able to get Mr. Pierce a fresh glass of cold bottled water. She looked happy at such a task, silently swooning over him. I walked back to my desk, Mr. Pierce was busy talking to museum staff as Sarah brought him the glass of water. She was definitely remaining more professional than I was.
Mr. Pierce made his way back over to me.
“Thank you for the water.” He said.
“You’re welcome.” I replied, briefly looking up at him and smiling, then looking back at the computer screen at my desk, like I was busy doing something, so I wasn’t just staring at him.
“What about you...what do you need?” He asked, staring at me intensely.
I laughed, “Thanks, but nothing.”
He continued to look at me, so I broke down and answered, as guests began to trickle in, “I need a cup of hot green tea and a bubblebath.”
He laughed and walked over to meet guests. I stood at the desk and watched as many more guests entered. Jonathan came over to tell me that right before 9:30, he was going to have everyone head to the auditorium for the artist talk, before running off again, to smooze with guests.


Most of the time I just stayed at the desk during these functions because I had to. I had to make sure guests didn’t enter the gallery and weren’t wandering around. Sometimes, a colleague would relieve me and Dana would introduce me to people, helping me to network. Tonight I was just happy to stay in one place. Some of the guests were regular patrons of the museum that came to almost all of the receptions. A few came over to say hello to me during this half hour of meet and greet time. But as more and more people came in, it was apparent that they were associates of Mr. Pierce. This was the most packed I had seen the museum for a reception.
I just wanted this night to be over with…..or maybe I just wanted Mr. Pierce to pay attention to me more to make the time pass. That was impossible now.
“You definitely need to change up your game plan.” Dana said, snapping me back to earth.
I looked at her not sure what she meant.
“Mr. Pierce has been glancing at you since he got here. You definitely have his attention.”
I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, “I know. I’m just not good with relationships. Plus he’s wealthy, I’m not so sure I would handle that well.”
“I’m telling you, Charlotte, I’ve seen him around the museum a lot, he always looks so glum and sad. Whatever you said to him tonight, I’ve never seen him so happy.”
Dana walked away as I looked up at him. He was glancing over this way as he was talking. I smiled and his face lit up.
Right before 9:30, Jonathan announced for everyone to make their way to the auditorium. That was my cue to hold the door to the main gallery open for them. As guests passed through, Mr. Pierce quickly made his way over and held the other door open, both of us being greeted with thank yous from the guests. Jonathan and the rest of the staff passed through, Mr. Pierce letting them know he would be there in a minute. When the coast was clear, he looked at me.
“Will you be joining me?” He asked.
I shook my head, “I can’t. I have to stay out here and guard the gallery.”
“I thought that’s what security was for?”
“Me, too. But I have to show any latecomers where to go instead of having them wander the museum.”
“Even if I demand you be there?” He said.
“That’s the one thing I can’t do. I’d like to hear your talk though.”
He looked disappointed, but said okay. Before he walked through the doors, he asked if he could have a piece of paper and a pen.
“Absolutely.” I replied. I went over to the desk and grabbed him a note paper and a pen.
“Good luck.” I said, as I handed it to him.
“Thanks.” He said, before he disappeared inside.

Thanks for reading! Please read more great authors here:

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs, ~Siren X

8 comments:

  1. I love that they are building a rapport with each other. I can easily picture them falling for each other. Great teaser, Siren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad she has to remain standing guard. Nice tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense he has a surprise for her once all is said and done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tease :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tease. Good characterization. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice development going on here, Siren. Excellent tease!

    ReplyDelete