Saturday, October 9, 2021

WeWriWa 1o.1o.21

 

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

So, I guess last week my link wasn't working. I didn't know until Teresa Cypher let me know. So, here's the link to last week. I'm going to continue on with my untitled serial killer project. All you really need to know from last week is that Dennis was working in his auto shop and Deputy Miller from Lancaster PD shows up. There's some exposition about Deputy Miller that I'm skipping. 

“Need a part for your cruiser?” I asked, “Maybe a bigger engine to really fly down the five?” Miller chewed his gum and smiled, walking over to me by the counter, he was in his late fifties, tall and slim, an easy 6’3” if not more; probably was once a basketball star of his high school. “I was talking to my buddy up in Bakers, said a woman filed a missing persons report for a one Derrick Hancock from Lancaster. Where’s your brother?” “I don’t know,” I replied, “Derrick likes to take off. Never tells me where he’s going, just leaves me here to run this place, reappears when he feels like it.” “Why not call him?” Miller asked. “Because we’re not cell phone people, we’re engine people.”

Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here. I've been really busy with work lately, but I have Monday off, so I plan on catching up on reading posts.

Enjoy your Sunday! ~Danii X

5 comments:

  1. Love that final line. It says a lot about the characters. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that last line is very revealing about the characters. Of course, it could just be cover to shield his brother. Can't wait to find out more! Great snippet! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will find out at some point :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I really like that last line. I'm pulled into the story, and want to know if these two will work together, lock horns, or if Dennis has something to do with his brother's disappearance.

    ReplyDelete