Saturday, October 16, 2021

WeWriWa 1o.17.21

 

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

Last week Deputy Miller came into the shop to ask the whereabouts of Dennis' brother. Continuing on where we left off, Dennis' last line was that he and his brother were engine people, not cell phone people...

“Fair enough.” Miller replied, “He didn’t mention any specific place? The lady that filed was really concerned.”

“He might have mentioned going to Vegas to try to win big, that was three weeks ago.”

“You’re not concerned that he didn’t return?”

“No, he does this shit all the time; my guess is he met someone in Vegas and took off somewhere with them, decided not to come back, maybe someone to pay his way."

Miller looked at me. 

“Its not like he sends me fucking postcards.” I paused, “I don’t know if you know, but Derrick and I don’t really have a good relationship. Honestly, the shop is a lot quieter without him, might be double the work for me but at least I don’t have to argue with him all day.”


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here.


Enjoy your Sunday!

~Danii X

7 comments:

  1. A bit of intrigue in the snippet. Enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job building the suspense and adding more details to their relationship. Really nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Now I'm pretty sure he didn't have anything to do with his brother's disappearance, or he wouldn't be implicating himself all over the place.

    You are doing a fabulous job of character-building with your word choice in the this conversation! I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤨
      Thank you so much! It’s taking me forever to write this story but when it flows, it flows. Totally makes my day that you are enjoying it!

      Delete