Sunday, December 5, 2021

WeWriWa 12.o5.21

  
Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

Continuing on with my serial killer WIP. Where I last left off, my main character, Dennis, just finished talking about his relationship with his brother. Continuing on...


I was getting into a groove for fixing up cars while helping customers find what they needed. It was easy to become the one man show. Promptly at six o’clock, while there were no customers, I shut and locked the gate to the road. I finished the oil change on the old Oldsmobile Cutlass and locked up shop. 


Gunning the engine, I flew down the dirt road back the way I came, taking a detour to tear up Derrick’s dirt yard around his house with donuts, skidding and drifting over the dirt. I floored it towards his pickup, wanting to smash the shit out of it and push it through his house, but I didn’t want to put a dent in my car. I cranked the wheel, hitting the breaks, and drifted to a perfect stop next to his truck. I stared at it for a minute before hitting the gas to the floor and taking off. 

Once back at my place, I stripped off my greasy coverall and headed to the shower to wash away the oil and grime. I had my usual hot date, like I did almost every night and I didn’t want to go to her smelling like the shop.


Thanks for reading! I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything and with carving out time to write. This school year seems way more intense than last year. Any other teachers feeling the same way?

You can read more amazing authors here and here.


Enjoy your Sunday!

~Danii X

11 comments:

  1. I checked back on earlier posts to get a sense of the history between them. The rage came through here, and now I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm right in this scene. I love the descriptions. This line is my favorite: I floored it towards his pickup, wanting to smash the shit out of it and push it through his house, but I didn’t want to put a dent in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very descriptive. Puts you in the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great descriptions again. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really established their relationship well in these snippets! I'm so curious as to what happens next.

    ReplyDelete