Saturday, December 18, 2021

WeWriWa 12.19.21

   
Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors / Snippet Sunday!

Continuing on with my serial killer WIP. Where I last left off, my main character, Dennis, mentioned he had a hot date...
(creative punctuation used) 

I found a clean wifebeater on the floor of my room and threw it on and went for my cleaner coveralls. My life always consisted of working on cars and motors, so there really wasn’t a need for any other clothes. I stepped into my work boots and headed outside, finding a rag on the porch, quickly wiping the desert off of my car.  

I flew down the 14, weaving through the few cars on the road, hoping to make up some time since once I hit Los Angeles, I would no doubt be caught in traffic. Hitting the 5 was fine through San Fernando; traffic became more numerous and slower as Burbank approached, but it was still moving at a good pace. It slowed even more around the Griffith Park area, being that it was such a popular place for both locals and tourists alike, I stared at the skyscrapers in the distance as traffic slowed to almost a halt. I inched along for awhile at a turtle’s pace until I reached the Dodger’s Stadium exit, I could tell a game was in full swing on a Friday evening, which meant finding parking anywhere around the area was going to be a bitch. I navigated my way around the crowded streets, thankfully finding a parking spot between two cars near the bar; no one had probably wanted to try parallel parking, which was super easy for me, even with my Challenger. I walked towards the bar, glancing into the employee parking lot; her rusty, falling apart black Honda Accord was there, sure enough. Pete, the Gentleman’s Club bouncer, stood outside the entrance having his smoke, he nodded towards me and pulled the door open. I nodded to him and walked through, Pete wasn’t great with words unless he was kicking someone’s ass out of the club. 


Thanks for reading! You can read more amazing authors here and here.


Enjoy your Sunday! And Happy Holidays!!

~Danii X

12 comments:

  1. Your writing style is wonderfully gritty. This character is so believable to me. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your visuals are fantastic! "Wiped the desert off my face." I can feel every aspect of this scene. It really pulled me in. I know this guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! It makes me feel so good to know I'm on the right path with this story.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that drive through traffic felt like I was there. Curious to know how this date will go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that I wrote from personal experience from living in both San Francisco and L.A.
      And the anticipation of his "date" is quite exciting! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Excellent details! Quite the snippet!

    ReplyDelete