Sunday, December 9, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 12.o9.12




Its Sunday! And I get to share more Karlea and Armani with you!

But first, I want to thank my readers who keep coming back for more each week. It means so much to me and your comments are always so great, encouraging, and helpful as I write my first novel. So, thank you!

Secondly, I want to ask my readers, what they are doing after Six Sentence Sunday ends? Is there an alternative? I am going to need something after January. Or I will suffer from SSS withdrawal. 

So, originally the scene with Karlea and Armani was supposed to be just that...a scene, within my novel, BloodLust,  that was the love story between Karlea, Jake, and Vaughn. Where I left off SSS with Karlea and Vaughn (before I moved in July), they were in the vampire club and Armani approached Karlea, but Vaughn chases him off. When I came back to SSS in August/September, I decided to start the scene with K & A over again and it just took off into its own story that doesn't have its place in my novel. So, I'm thinking a side story of Armani, probably as a novella, or if I have enough material then a novel? I would probably just call it BloodLust - Armani or Armani's Tale. Or something like that. Any thoughts from more seasoned writers than I (which is all of you), would be greatly appreciated, as I try to figure this out.

As far as seasoned writers are concerned, I also wanted to know how often you publish a new novel and what your writing schedule is like. It seems like you guys always have a new book release, which is awesome. I'm still trying to write my first novel and I feel like its not getting written fast enough. Although, I do have grad school, 5 kids, and several small side businesses to contend with. 

Last week, we left off where Armani is draining Karlea, and she let us into her head thinking this was it for her. Now its up to Armani, does he kill her or stop himself?  Let's see Armani's reaction :)


Armani pulled away hard, but made sure not to rip out her throat in the process. Karlea gasped from the feeling of him exiting her throat so quickly. He let go of her and she grabbed onto him tightly, much too weak to stand on her own.
Armani grinned at the way she held onto him. He wiped his mouth, completely drunk on her, "You're blood is the best I have ever tasted. Even better than a child's."

Thanks for reading! Please comment, I love comments, and I always try to comment back.
You can find more great authors here

Some of my favs are Christina DeFelice, Sarah Ballance, Mina Carter, Sue Ann Bowling, Silver James, S.E. Gilchrist, Laura Kaye, S.J. Maylee, Siobhan Muir, Gayle Ramage, Angela Quarles, Evelyn Jules, Kristal Baird, Karysa Faire, Pippa Jay, and Ryan Derham! I could list even more!

Have a great week!




5 comments:

  1. So glad he didn't kill her, that would have been a bummer. Drunk on her, I love that. Better than a child's<-gross!! Great 6.

    Hey, thanks for the shout out there, you're sweet :) Skye Warren might organize something, you can show your interest at http://www.skyewarren.com/six/
    I'm not published yet, but I know for me writing or editing daily is a must. Mini goals are helpful too. The important thing is to keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link, I signed up! :)
      Thank you also for sharing your writing habits.

      I think if Armani had killed her, he wouldn't have let her stay dead for long. I think he may have trouble letting go of this one :)

      Delete
  2. I hope I never run into someone like Armani! Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) It took me a while to put in all the links, I hope I got them right.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. OMG, that last line was chilling! Thank you for the mention, and 2012 was not a productive year for me at all with just one release (and I had to fight for that one), but I've finished a few stories that just aren't out yet. I mostly write between 8pm and midnight, what good it does me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete