Wednesday, November 14, 2018

MidWeek Tease 11.14.18


Welcome to MidWeek Tease! A big shout out to Angelica Dawson for continuing to host this fun blog hop! Sorry I am a bit late posting, due to being sick and taking care of my kiddos. 

Where we last left off, Charlotte was on her date with with the handsome, wealthy...and vampire, Anton Pierce. After things started to heat up in public, Anton decided to bring her back to his penthouse, where things heated up again. :)
In this tease we start in Charlotte's POV and then switch to Anton's.
*This is still a WIP


Setting me carefully back on my feet, he kept his arm around me, which was good since it seemed my legs were even more unsteady than before, my heart racing.
“Are you working in the morning?” He asked.
I nodded, yes.
“Then I should probably get you home.” He smiled.
He walked over and retrieved my short shorts from the floor, coming back over to me. I was going to take them from him, when he knelt down in front of me. He guided me to lift my foot, so he could put it through the leg hole, as I put my hands on his shoulders for support. He planted soft kisses up my leg as he did. He lifted the other leg and did the same, only planting kisses higher as he pulled my short shorts up to my waist. I watched him through half closed eyes. I jumped when he suddenly appeared in front of me, standing up. He caught me before I fell backwards.
“How did you--” I started to say.
“So lost in the moment.” He said at the same time.
I smiled and rested my head against him.
“Ready to go?” He asked.
I nodded. Before we left his room, he grabbed my hoodie from the floor.

Chapter 8

She shifted in her seat, once again, as I drove down her street. Her ass, no doubt, sore. She had shifted many times over the five minute ride back to where she lived. We drove in a sweet silence, stealing glances at each other and smiling. Her hand wrapped around mine.

With nowhere to safely park, I elected to park on the opposite side of her house. She looked somewhat sad as she looked out at her house, like it held bad memories for her.
“Would you like to come in?” She invited, “I mean its not very nice, more like a shithole actually, the landlord doesn’t take care of it.”
I knew I should say no, but the monster in me would never decline an invitation into a human’s home. I also didn’t want to make her feel like her home wasn’t good enough for me.
“Sure.” I replied.
She smiled as I put the car into park.
I followed her in through the gate and up the few stairs to her front porch, a child’s pink princess tricycle sat on her porch. I pointed to it.
“You...have a child?” I asked trying not look and sound horrified.
“No, that’s my upstairs neighbor. She has a four year old that has a LOT of energy.” Charlotte replied.
She stuck her key into the lock and paused, turning towards me.
“I see all the stuff Amie goes through with her daughter...I’m not ready. Although, from what Amie has told me she wasn’t either, it just kind of happened.”
I took her hand. “Hey, I’m not going to force you into something you’re not ready for...ever.” I said, pulling her into me. “I don’t want to get into all the specifics, but I can share a disappointing fact…” I brought my voice to a whisper, “I can’t have children.”
“You can’t?”
I shook my head, “So, let that ease you for now. If we ever get to a place in the future where we want something different, then we would discuss options.”
She looked up at me and smiled. I kissed her forehead before she went back to unlocking the door. She walked in, holding the door open for me.
I hated lying to her. It was true being undead that I couldn’t produce children, but other options were not available...I simply shouldn’t be around children. They had the purest blood.
“Come in.” Charlotte said, snapping me from my thoughts.

I stepped over the threshold, she had now invited a vampire into her home, and I was now free to enter anytime I desired.

Thanks for reading! You can read more great authors below!

Bleeding Hearts & Fangs,
~Siren X

3 comments:

  1. That would be my biggest hurdle with a vampire... the kids thing. GRIN! (And where's a sexy vampire when you need one?)...

    ReplyDelete