Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday Tasters o8.20.15

Welcome to Thursday Tasters!

I don't have any thing to share from my serial killer story. That one gets hard to write because writing from 1st person, I have to get into his character, and be his character. Apparently, I have to be in the right mood for that to happen. So, instead I am going to share part of my vampire story. This comes from a novel, BloodLust:Armani, that I have been writing for a REALLY long time and its still not finished. I usually share the snippets from this on WeWriWa & Snippet Sunday. This story was written in third person, but I have just recently started to rewrite the story in Armani's p.o.v. 

I'm going to skip over the very beginning where Armani watches Karlea enter the club alone, and get right to where Armani introduces himself ;)

"You're exquisite beauty has captured the attention of this entire club."
The sound of my voice startled her, her heartbeat increasing. I grinned at her humanness - how I moved too fast for her to see. I gestured for her to take the rose. 
"Thank you." she said quietly, taking the rose. 
Her voice hitting me like infinite Sirens.
She quickly looked away, trying to avoid looking me in the eyes. Smart girl. She had obviously been around enough vampires to know to never look them in the eye.
I grabbed a hold of her hand and gently rubbed the back her hand with my thumb, purposefully erasing her club stamp. It wasn't that hard. 
"I am Armani." I said, kissing her hand.
"I will make your night," I grinned, "it will be a real screamfest. I'll make you feel the best you have ever felt."
I wasn't lying. I not only feed off of human blood, but also sexual energy - considered both a sanguine and psychic sexual vampire. I was sure I could definitely have her screaming in pleasure, then screaming in pain and fear as I drained her. 
She looked past me as I spoke, trying really hard not to look at me. 
"Please, I don't want any trouble." She said. 
I heard the sadness in her voice; the sadness that matched her eyes. I grabbed onto her chin with my free hand, and gently forced her to look at me. I felt my eyes change over to red as I showed her my fangs. I took her hand and brought the flesh between her thumb and index finger to my mouth. She didn't cry out in pain like I expected, fearful of what I  might do next. Instead her heart started racing in anticipation of the bite. She moaned as my fangs went into her and I sensed the slight excitement and sexual energy rise from her. Her blood was the sweetest I had tasted in all my long years. It hit the back of my throat, making it extremely hard to stop drinking. i quickly read her blood of the few important things I wanted to know; pulling away while I still had the will to.
She was at the club to find her vampire lover, Jake, who had just left her. She was told he was here, so having been at the club frequently with him, she felt confident enough that she would walk back out unscathed. She knew the risks and was more than willing to take them. Unfortunately for her - the image of Jake her blood produced for me - I saw him leave not too long before she arrived at the club. Her effort and her death will be for nothing
"Your blood is the sweetest I've ever tasted, Miss Karlea." 
"No." She cried, trying to pull away. 
I realized, then, that I had seen her before. She was the exuberant bartender that everyone loved at Virtu, and that could dance up a storm when she wasn't caged behind the bar. I had seen her the very few times I had been there. Each time her beauty struck me, but she was always surrounded by people and I was much too busy with other endeavors of the night to wait patiently for her to be alone. How funny fate would bring us together now.
I looked up as I overheard the group of frat boys ready to make their move with there, as they planned to take me out to get to her. There was no doubt I could take them all, my years and bloodline was way stronger than all of them put together. Usually I am more than happy for a fight, however, I was afraid of the scene this would cause, creating a distraction for Karlea to get away or for Joe to possibly protect her. 
"It would be best if you left with me right now." I said,  my eyes looking behind her to the frat boys. She caught my drift and slightly looked behind her without them seeing. I could see her thinking as she looked at me - frat boys or me. At least, I was only one and more her type than a bunch of rowdy frat boys
"Fuck." She cursed.
I held onto her hand as I stood up, pulling her up with me. She pulled her hand away as she stood looking at me.
"We need to make this quick. They are after you." I said as I held out my hand.
She looked back at the frat boys and then at me, still unsure.
"Do something crazy and take a chance." I said.

I leaned in close to her. "You know you want to." I said quietly.
She looked quickly back at the frat boys and then placed her hand in mine. I lifted her up so I could get her outside with my speed. She weighed nothing. I stopped a short distance from the club, it was windy, and I could tell she was cold, shivering in my arms, I intended on giving her my suit jacket. The frat boys deciding to stalk us from the club.
"This makes it even easier. Now we won't have to rip her apart in the club." One of them laughed as they surrounded us. 
"Its not worth it, boys. She belongs to me." 
Karlea stared at me, probably trying to figure out if I was being serious or just saying that to try to get rid of the frat boys. If only she knew how serious I was.

Thanks for reading! You can read more tasters here:
Linda Hamonou Angelica Dawson


Have a great week!

Hearts & Stars,
~Siren X

4 comments: